Below you will be able to find information about the Student Poster Awards and how to become a volunteer at the conference.
Submit an abstract for the CSP Student Poster Awards
Every year, the CSP invites programme leads from Higher Education Institutes to submit abstracts based on the work of final year pre-registration physio students. For 2021, we welcome abstracts from students who are due to graduate in 2021 and those who graduated in the winter of 2020.
Abstracts must be based on students' final year research study, relate to one of the conference themes and be submitted via the university for consideration. Each university course can put forward one student.
If you would like to submit an abstract, please speak to your programme lead to discuss your submission.
The author (or lead author, in the case of group submissions) will receive £300. The second-placed author or lead author will receive £200. Winners will also have their poster displayed at the virtual two-day conference. The winner and second-lead author are encouraged to attend the conference to answer questions about their posters and will receive a free ticket.
- This competition is open to pre-registration students on CSP accredited physiotherapy programmes and those who graduated after November 2020
- Abstracts must be based on students’ final year research studies
- Abstracts must relate to at least one of this year’s conference themes. These are: evolving practice, transforming provision, the rehab challenge, and digital transformation (see more about the themes at physiotherapyuk.org.uk/conference/themes)
- Entries must be submitted by the university’s programme team. Entries that are not received via the university will NOT be eligible.
- Each accredited programme
can submit one abstract only.
How to submit
- Download and read the submission guidelines
- Download and complete the Student poster abstract submission form or complete the online form
- Submit your abstract online or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The abstract word count should not exceed 500 words.
- Submissions must be
received by the closing date: 5pm on 29 July 2021.
Submission guidelines and form
- University of Southampton graduate Hayley Payne reflects on presenting her winning student poster at vPUK (Frontline, Jan 2021)
- CPD: PTUK and the art of abstracts (Fronline, Feb 2018)
- Find past abstracts presented at Physiotherapy UK on the Innovations database (search "Physiotherapy UK").
to James Hallam, this year's sponsors of the student poster
Volunteer at vPUK
Would you like to play a vital role at Physiotherapy UK as a student volunteer? In November 2020, over 70 students assisted hundreds of members to get the most out of their time (read more about the volunteers' experience). We are now looking for a new team of volunteers to support in November 2021.
At this year's virtual conference, volunteer roles will include:
- greeting delegates at the welcome area
- assisting delegates to navigate and use the functions
- supporting speakers and delegates at networking sessions
- helping to record sessions.
To volunteer you will need to:
- be available on either Friday 5 or Saturday 6 November
- attend a 1.5-hour virtual training session in October
- meet the hardware and software requirements
- be a CSP student (or associate student) member
- still be a student (and not graduated) in November 2021.
In exchange for a half-day of volunteering you will receive:
- Free entry to the rest of the conference
- Access to CPD
- Networking opportunities
- Certificate of volunteering
To express your interest in volunteering, complete our online form. Please note that places are limited - only sign up if you are able to attend at least one of the November dates.